Thursday, January 15, 2009

Writing My Query Letter

Query/Cover Letter

I have been working really hard on trying to write a query letter. I have been going to several web sites and some are different the than the others. I need to write the best one I possibly can. It is my sales pitch, if they don’t like it; most of them won’t even read your manuscript. I have worked to hard to give up. I feel I have a pretty strong one now. I will also work on one more and will send it to my editor and she will give me her thoughts. I just think it is so important for me to get these books published.
As all of you alreadyl know now about Preston.
My son Preston has Amblyopia in is left eye.
I have written these books to hopefully be able to help my son and many other children. By bringing awareness to prevent blindness.This is a quest and a journey that I am hoping will be a start of something incredible and a positive outcome.One of my goals is to be able to help raise money for children that there families can not afford to have eye exams glasses etc. What a shame that they can not see the world as most of us do, when there are things we can do.
There just isn't enough awareness out there. I want to be able to raise it.
The book's that I have written will let the children connect and relate to them.These books can be used as a tool to help them cope while wearing the eye patch. And take them to a fun place while patching and encourage them to patch. Make eye patching a fun thing not a burden.
Talking about Preston I better go get him school.

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies