Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Holidays

The Holidays are over

I love that time of the season it is my favorite, but it is also allot of work at the same time. There is one thing I always look forward to doing every year is to drive every one crazy with all my holiday music.

Preston is all year round school so he was off for almost 6 weeks so I had my hands full. My mother in-law Mimi, in town she drove with her dog Riley from Indiana she wanted to make sure she made it in town in time for Preston’s basketball game and she did. That was the first time ever able to see him playing in any sports. I was so happy to see that Preston had a wonderful game! Mimi was so proud to see her grandson and do so well.

My brother in-law Craig and his black lab Scarlet drove down from the mountains a few days after Mimi being in town.
I did not have any of my family unfortunately come over for the dinner it just did not work out this year. I was a little bit sad about it but we still had a great time.

Mimi and I shopped I think everyday! The guys were also busy doing there own thing. Through all this hustle and bustle we had to make sure that Preston was still eye patching.
We would play uno and make him wear his patch while playing because he wanted to play so bad it was easy to get him to patch.
He also patches when he plays play station or watches TV. When he got guitar hero for Christmas he also would patch. We tried to associate eye patching with something fun and positive. Of course he didn’t always want to patch when doing certain things and would make up excuses why he didn’t want to patch at the time.

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies