Sunday, January 25, 2009

Working on NonProfit

Non Profit

I have been really consumed with the Foundation Fighting Blindness. I have not been writing in my journal or my blog.
I am very excited for what we are getting ready to do in June. We are putting on “Bind Taste of the Rockies @ Auction”. We are going to be using my brothers hanger for our venue it is called Haggan Aviation.
It was really a nice thing for my brother to offer it and along with some other things.
I picked up Richard the Director of the Chapter and his see and eye dog Parka, she is so cute! And also Drew the president of the Denver chapter. They met my brother and were excited to have it at the hanger. We are now working on the letters for donations, and of course everything else that comes with putting on this event. We are very excited I think it will be a great turn out and hopefully raise a lot of money for the research. They want to find a cure and I want to help them with that. I have to mention that I am now the Events Chair for Denver Chapter. I was a little hesitant to take the responsibility but Richard and Drew both said Carmen you are already doing the work.
I know if I need their help they will both be willing to help me. They are both such wonderful guys to work with and great energy. I like to bring some humor along with me and they like it too.
Preston is very excited to help me volunteer the day of the event along with my daughter Calla, and hopefully Yorkk, if he will be in town that day.

Preston seems to be adjusting to his glasses fairly well even while patching his eye. His teacher Ms. Dey said that Preston is shown some really good progress on his reading. I was so happy to hear that news! And so was Preston. You could see his confidence level go up as we were walking to our vehicle after school.
Preston had his basket ball game that evening. His team won and Preston played very well. I felt so bad for him at one point the ball hit him in the face, and his glasses. It broke my heart when he looked at me.

I want to get him sport goggles but his prescription has been changing every 3 to 4 months having to buy 2 pair of new glasses each time.
The goggles run about $150.00 and we really do want to buy it for him because it will help protect his eyes from injury. I just wanted to wait to see if his prescription stayed the same for awhile.
I can hear him singing in the family room right now with his guitar hero. I better go join the band with Yorkk and Preston.

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies