Thursday, October 30, 2008

Summer time fun!

My Personal Journey Part 2


Preston loves the summer time like any other child, because they get to play. NO school! Unfortunately for Preston he has to still continue to patch. We have to get creative sometimes because he is a very active child. He skate boards, rides his dirt bike, rides his regular bike, and those are just some of the things that he enjoys doing that are unsafe for him to patch and do. When he plays his video games that is a great time for him to patch. His eye really has to work hard and that is great! The Doctor recommends that, how fun! And he can play that with his father. I love that because they get the father son bonding time.
He also loves to swim, and he can not wear his patch while swimming, and by the time he gets home he is so tired. when he patches it makes it difficult for him to see even the TV. I try to make him wear it in the morning before we leave and in the car going, he will give me a good fight sometimes, and I feel bad and so I sometimes say okay Preston, but when we get home you need to patch, and that doesn’t always happen. I get so mad at myself I just have to remind him and me the reason I make him patch is because I love him!

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies