Friday, October 17, 2008

East Coast Aunt Sandy

I want to say that I decided to post this email as part of my blog instead of in the comment spot. My Aunt Sandy had wrote me this email. I just wanted to post it and let all of you have a chance to read it. She is a very warm kind person and it shows through her kind words. I have not heard or spoken to her in such a long time to long! She heard about Preston's eye issues through my blog. This email just made me want to get my book into print soon as possible! There are other children and adults that have to patch that have not been diagnosed with Ambloypia. Low vision can happen in so many differnt ways. I will make sure that when my books get published that Aaron gets a copy of Patch Land. Here is the email below.

Hi Carmen,
So sorry to hear about the trying times you and Yorkk have had to endear with your super trooper Preston. It must be very hard for you as parents to be forced to try and make progress while knowing it is creating pain and discomfort. I am sure you are on top of this and your little guy will overcome this bump in the road. It is great that he is given the opportunity to carry on with all of his activities right along with the rest of his friends. It is most important that you continue to search out the best pediatric doctors. It sounds like you have found a good match for Preston and research confirms if this diagnosis is treated before the age of 10 the results are very favorable-so hang in there!
Our little guy in Connecticut (Aaron) has also endured eye complications. He had a very bad eye injury when he was 4yrs old and now he is 6yrs and had 4 surgery's and the Doctors have decided it is the best it will be. He caught his eye on a hanger in the children's dept of Old Navy and it completely ripped his eye lid off--this involved surgery to reattach muscle, repair tear ducts, and of course many days of patch's and drops. He also is a super trooper and proving to be another resilient amazing young man. He will never have 20/20 in fact he is at 20/80 like Preston was. Well you be sure to patch if that is recommend by your new doctor. I am sure it is tough but it sounds like he has a wonderful Mom and Dad that will be cheering him on every step of the way.
I cant wait to read your books, It sounds like great therapy and a terrific idea!
Love Aunt Sandy

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies