Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reading to Preston's 1st grade class

I did go to Preston’s class that following week. I read to the children in small groups, for two days that week. They gave me there feed back, and I answered question’s for them. Than I started too notice they were able to understand why Preston had to patch and wear glasses. I could see that Preston had some self confidents when the children told him how cool that his mother wrote books about him and that they really liked his dog Beau in the books. It was also nice to see that the children could not wait to see what was going to happen next. Some of the children also asked Preston some questions, and you could see Preston’s face just light up! He was no longer embarrassed, and at that point I realized I needed to get these books published and out there for people to read, and hopefully be able to help many other children with low vision, and for the children that don’t have low vision, That it would help them understand why there are children out there in the world that do, and at the same time enjoy these wonderful adventure books.

“The books really did help Preston”

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies