Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vision Walk 2009 at City Park



Vision Walk 2009 at City Park

It was a great day for the vision walk around City Park! It was cool day prefect for our 3 mile walk around City Park. I put together a team and we called it Patch Land Adventures, of course.
Preston and I were captains of our walk team. We were able to raise some money for our 1st Vision walk. We had friends and neighbors that joined us for the walk.
We meet up with our team mates and registered, said hi to others and started our walk. We did our 3 mile walk around the park and it was so nice to see the water it was very peaceful, and to see all the teams and guide dogs as well.
When I got back from the walk I had to help Garcia’s set up tables, they were such a great support to us as they were for my event the “Blind Taste of the Rockies”.
Preston and his friend Chase were enjoying the clown, games, cotton candy and popcorn and there was a live band on the stage.
Preston was very proud of how much money we were able to raise for the Foundation Fighting Blindness. I think it’s great to have Preston involved the way I do with this non-profit and seeing me volunteer giving back to the community.
I understand this non-profit doesn’t directly deal with Preston’s eye disease but I just had to be a part of it! I feel that it is all about low vision and some day everyone will be able to see the way most of us do we have to do our part to make a change hopefully in the near future.

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies