Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Preston needs to have Atropine Drops again

Preston needs to have Atropine Drops again

I am so torn about Preston starting his Atropine drops. I had posted earlier that his Dr. wants him to put the drops in his right eye which is his stronger eye. I know she really thinks or is hoping that it will help his eye come back to the center.
Preston’s eye prescription was so strong that the eye wandered out! So we have been lowering his prescription to help his eye from wandering out.
Here we are trying to correct it from being to close to the inside corner and now the opposite! Instead of him being” Estropia” now he is” Extropia”.
I am always so positive and supportive about the whole process but I am human and a mother and it is so hard sometimes that you just want to break down and cry! But I know I have to do the right thing for him and she only wants him to try it for 6 weeks and see what happens!
Preston had already used the drops when he was in Kindergarten for a year. I feel that it hindered his reading and spelling because of the lack of being able to see the letters clearly. He has progressed so much that I am so afraid of all the hard work that he has accomplished will be affected! I just need to follow the Doctors order and try it! It is only for 6 weeks this time and I really do believe in his Doctor. I also have had thoughts of could there be a long term affect in his good eye? You worry about all those things and the Doctor has to assure you that it does not.
There is another concern about Preston using the Atropine drops. He loves to go dirt biking and I am so afraid of him getting hurt. Will I guess he just won’t be able to ride during that period of time!
I am very glad that Preston has continued to eye patch! It has made a difference! It has been a long Journey but I am happy to have been able to share our Journey with you!
Hopefully here soon you will be able to enjoy the Patch Land Adventure books!

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies