Saturday, May 16, 2009

Return to the Eye Doctor

Preston returns to the Eye Doctor

Preston has been a little anxious about this eye appointment. He asked me mom will I have to have eye surgery? Is the Doctor the boss or are you? I told Preston that our goal is not to have eye surgery that is why we have been working so hard towards patching! And if the Doctor really thinks that after all these years, that you need the surgery than that is something we will have to talk about. I assured him that since he has been eye patching his eye has gotten so much better and without patching he would have never reached this goal!
His doctor said that Preston has gotten a little bit better again! Preston was so happy to hear that! He said mom did you hear what she said? I said yes honey I am very proud of you! At that moment I could feel myself trying to swallow and not shed tears at that moment so she could finish saying what else was to come.
The Doctor says even though we have been lowering Preston’s prescription his weak eye has been turning out. She thinks if we use Atropine drops it might help his eye. I am not a big fan of these drops, we tried it for a year in Kindergarten and we did not see any difference. I was also worried about Preston being able to see the letters and just learning to read so we took him off of it. The Doctor says we will try only for six weeks and see if it makes any difference in that eye. I will put a drop of it in his left eye every other day. The Atropoine what that does is basically dilates the eye. I don’t want surgery so I am willing to try it for 6 weeks. We will have to see what kind of out come it is. Hoping for the best! I have faith in his Doctor. The Journey continues.

No comments:

Our dog Beau

Our dog Beau
Preston's eye patch buddy

Preston and his eye Doctor

Preston and his eye Doctor
Eye Exam

Preston and Beau Eye Patching

Preston and Beau Eye Patching
Eye Patch Buddies